The Advanced Board Programme INSEAD aims to develop the mindset and skills of the chairman of the board and other experienced board members and focuses on how the board of the future works as best as possible.
The program takes place over three days at INSEAD and gives you a unique opportunity to develop your board professional skills and at the same time prepares you for the challenges of the future. As a board member, you will face a world of constant change, increased uncertainty, and endless digital transformation initiatives. To keep pace with developments, the upheavals require board chairmen and board members to be able to reassess their roles, acquire new knowledge and reconsider habits and routines.
Benefits of the Advanced Board Programme
The program strengthens your board professional skills and gives you:
- understanding of the global environment in which your company operates as well as current trends that will affect the board’s work
- knowledge of digital technologies and how these will change the board’s work going forward
- insight into how increasing diversity requires adjusted management on the board. How to ensure space for the independence of the individual board members to be preserved and exploited.
- new insight into the role of the chairman of the board and not least how to create the framework for effective board work
- a strong network of like-minded professional board members
|16 - 18 Sep. 2024
The Advanced Board Programme is an advanced board education which requires certain level of experience and maturity. It is designed for chairs and directors of listed and private corporations, government agencies and organisations, and non-profits. Experience of an independent director is a prerequisite for this course. Graduates from Executive Board Programme are exempt from this requirement.
Typical participant profiles are:
- Past participants in our Executive Board Programme INSEAD
- Chairman of the Board and members of private companies, public organizations and non-profit companies that already have relevant experience from several board positions
Stanislav Shekshnia is the Program Director at the Advanced Board Program and Senior Affiliate Professor of Entrepreneurship and Family Enterprise at INSEAD. Shekshnia has worked as a top manager for 10 years and subsequently as an entrepreneur in France, USA, Russia and Central Europe. Stanislav holds a master’s degree in economics, a Ph.D. from Moscow State University as well as an MBA from Northeastern University in Boston. Stanislav Shekshnia is also Director of the Leading from the Chair Program at INSEAD and has published numerous books on management and board work.
We make sure to book your stay as well as catering for your trip to INSEAD in France, where you will stay at one of INSEAD’s hotels near Campus. Hotel and catering are not included in the educational price, but are charged separately.
You arrange your own flight ticket to Paris and we will arrange your return trip to Charles de Gaulle according to your flight times. We recommend a variety of flight times for you to choose from. You will be picked up in the arrival hall by an INSEAD driver and brought to your hotel.
The training fee for the Advanced Board Program is 6.100 euro. In addition, there are Accommodation and transport costs in France and flight to Charles de Gaulle, Paris.
Before starting a new education, there are of course many questions that come up. How is the teaching going, who can help me with which questions and if I want to receive a certificate of education after completing the education, may be some of the questions you would like to answer. In this FAQ, we have compiled some of the most common questions that might help you on the way.